904 Part Number location on trans?

-

65Valiant310

Reaction score
Other than above the pan on a 904, are there any other spots on the trans where a part number would be? Trying to figure out the year and what it came in originally.

I am being told that 81a6129 is the only number on a trans for sale (out of the sellers town or I would look myself), yet that does not look right (especially the a in there).

That's the only place I've seen them on. Their probably overlooking the #'s you need. Maybe their covered in grime. The # they gave you looks similar to what I've seen after the #'s you need. I assume it's a serial/production # of sorts.

Thanks, I am asking for a picture of the part number.
Here is the one from the bell- 8F254553

I've seen #'s on the bell on some torqueflite's but never been able to figure out anything from them. I have noticed a few times the #'s above the pan rail are stamped real light. That's why you have to clean it off real good. Sometimes even takes a wire brush to get the grime out of the numbers so you can read them.

10,000 day calender. But your missing some numbers. I used the 4 numbers after the A. Hope it's good.

8F254553 = this is the partial vin of CAR the trans was in. It does say it is a (8 ) 1968 model year, built at the (F) Newark, Delaware, last 6 of vin 254553.

The numbers you need are on the left pan rail under the selector shaft. It likely starts PK xxxxxxx xxxx xxxx

PK = plant - PK = Kokomo (Automatic), PP or PK New process (Manual)
next 7 is part number
next 4 is 10,000 calendar date of assembly of unit
last 4 is number of units assembled up to yours that day at that plant

-
Back