904 Question

-

Plymouth 65

I'll be in the shop
Reaction score
What is the input shaft and pump spline count on the early 904 1965, and the later 1968 version?

The early ones were 18 spline and the later (non-lockup) were 27 spline. Lock-up's were 26 spline
Hey fishy68, I am in the process of rebuilding my early 65 904 trans and want to convert it over to the 27 spline. This will give me more options when selecting a new stall converter. Thx, Walt

Yeah a lot. I've never tried having a converter built for the early spline but i'm sure some companies can do it. Probably more expensive so your making a good move IMO

Hey fishy68, I am in the process of rebuilding my early 65 904 trans and want to convert it over to the 27 spline. This will give me more options when selecting a new stall converter. Thx, Walt

Did you ever find a solution for this conversion? I like to know..thanks

Did you ever find a solution for this conversion? I like to know..thanks
Yes , I had to use a 68 and up input shaft, pump, and clutch drum. You also have to make sure the crankshaft register has the larger pilot diameter. Because the 68 and up torque converter has the larger register diameter. With that, you can get a wider selection of stall converters! Hope this helps! 65'

-
Back