904 Rebuild Kits

-

jam4ever

Reaction score
I'm looking for some insight on a rebuild kit for a 904.
Brand preferrences and overall quality.

1972 Dart Swinger in full dress
360 - 400 to 450 hp
904 with a stall some where between 2000 - 2800
8 3/4 3.73 suregrip.

Any input will be great.

Happy New Year!!!!

Thanks-

I buy my parts from www.bulkparts.com They have a rebuild kit with Red Eagle plates and Kolene steels which I highly suggest for your application but the overhaul kit as they call it isn't everything you need to do a proper rebuild. You also need new bushings, thrust washers, bands, a sprag kit, and a shim pack to shim up the excess play ma mopar was famous in leaving in the planetary gear train. I suggest you install a good shift kit like the Trans-go TF-2 also.

Go to bulkparts website and scroll down to Chrysler trans. and click on 904 and a parts list will pop up. Also if you need a good manual they have ATSG manuals which are basically a reprint of the factory serv. manual with a little extra info.

If you want a super good manual look for a manual written by Carl Munroe entitled "Torqueflite A727 transmission handbook". I know your doing a 904 but in essence ther are so similiar that what works on a 727 works on a 904. The only main difference is the design of the rear clutch assy.

Also just to note. I've searched the internet high and low and yet to come up with a cheaper supplier and the service is allways lightening fast. Just wed. I ordered everything to do a 727 and it was here today. There in Texas and I'm in Illinois. That's fast service.

Check with Rick at A&A Transmission...He will have the BEST for your application.I buy all my Parts from him for rebuilds.Master Builds..Etc...
Very good Parts that will withstand what you can give it..

Their # Is.317-831-3066...

Tell them J.D.sent ya..

SS

fishy68 can you check that website. I went there & it didn't have the buttons you mentioned. I'm getting ready to try my hand at a 904 rebuild & have been looking for some info on building it strong enough like ssda67 is. Thx bud.

-
Back