904 rebuilt & parts

-

roddin28

Reaction score
hi guys I have 904 witch will go behind a 408 small block - I ordered a TCI rebuilt kit (TCI Auto 129000 - TCI Pro Super)
djwhog wrote in an other thread:

Build it tight, good clutches, new steels and all new seals, solid bands not flex , 4.2 lever for 2nd a tf2 shift kit and maybe billet servros and a bolt in sprag buddy. Will be bullet proof.. enjoy:icon_smi:
---
what would you guys do?? do I need some extra parts for the tranny - or change em instad of tci kit parts
--
if yes, can you give me link with a part number, so it is much easier for me to order the parts ( jep sometimes it isn't easy with my bad english)

As long as you use the wide kickdown band, you can use the 5.0 kickdown lever and speed up band actuation even further. The 4.2 lever is just the max for the stock width band. Least that's the word on the street. Maybe fishy68 will chime in. He's about a genius around here. He knows a LOT about the TF, too. You do know to use a five disc direct drum and the 4 disc forward clutch, right? Plus, you'll wanna upgrade to the four pinion planetaries and get a really stouf bolt in overrunning clutch. The 904 already bolts in, but you wanna really high quality overrunning clutch because if there's a weak link in the TF, that's it. Do that with a good shift kit and it'll be fine. I've never used TCI shift kits but their rebuild stuff is pretty good. I've always gone with Transgo for the shift kit...I actually use there reprogramming kit. Transgo include things in their kits for the Torqueflite that other companies do not. Plus, their deestruckshuns are some of the easiest on the planet to understand.

is the shift kit witch is included in the tci kit not good enough?? should I order an better one??

is the shift kit witch is included in the tci kit not good enough?? should I order an better one??

I don't have any experience with TCI stuff. i know it's a popular brand and their stuff sells, so it must not be junk. I just prefer Transgo. the Mopar chassis manual even recommends Transgo by name.

-
Back