904 Shift Help........

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
I have a 904 in my Cuda, just rebuilt........The shifts are nice at cruising speeds, but really lack the feel of my former cars.......

I want a very firm and solid shift, especially from 1st to 2nd, lots of torque transfer..........no milk toast........I love to shift the car, both up AND down, and want it to respond to my downshifts as well with a firm bite. My Dart Sport had a kit in it that I LOVED.....always chirped from 1st to 2nd (and I mean LOUD and firm), and was fast and solid into 3rd....downshifts were quick and firm.

What shift kit or other mod can you guys recommend that might give me more of what I'm lacking in the feel of my 904? :dontknow:

So this TF2 kit you guys mention is a real "ground pounder" ?

I guess that's what I'm searching for........But since I haven't raced since '77, I guess you could say I'm a bit in the dark. :evil5:

So this TF2 kit you guys mention is a real "ground pounder" ?

I guess that's what I'm searching for........But since I haven't raced since '77, I guess you could say I'm a bit in the dark. :evil5:

If done right (there are a few options in it you choose from to make it shift like you want) the TF-2 kit the best kit out there, IMO... I've used a couple other kits that shifted super hard into 2nd but both had overlap problems going into 3rd. Overlap will kill a trans. real quick. I have the TF-2 kit in my Cuda and when I had street radials it would squawk pretty good going into 2nd. I have drag radials on it now so it hooks so good it doesn't squawk them anymore but the shift is real firm.

-
Back