904 Spline Count

-

TXOval

340 stroked to 416
Reaction score
The transmission in my car was built by Cope Racing Transmissions. Purchased/installed by previous owner.

After showing CRT pictures of the shaft (pictures from previous owner) they state it is a 24 spline shaft. Transmission is still installed in the car or I’d simply count the splines.

All the research I’ve done says 904’s had either an 18 or 27 spline shaft (non locking).

Is the 24 spline shaft from a 727? Is that a common modification?

I bought a stall converter for a 904 recently from CRT. It is a 26 spline as it will not go on the 27 spline I have. I tried it on a few cores I have and as tough as it was believe I counted 26 groves. They will not take the return, they said my transmission has been modified.
$800 down the drain and it sits in its box. If you figure it out let me know. Syleng1

I bought a stall converter for a 904 recently from CRT. It is a 26 spline as it will not go on the 27 spline I have. I tried it on a few cores I have and as tough as it was believe I counted 26 groves. They will not take the return, they said my transmission has been modified.
$800 down the drain and it sits in its box. If you figure it out let me know. Syleng1
You'd be money ahead to get the correct input shaft.

John confirmed it’s a 24 spline and he built it…I just wonder why? I’m new to Mopar…is it an improvement?

every aftermarket converter I find is 27 spline…

-
Back