904 transmission pan gasket

-
Yes and I rarely see them leak. It's usually the rear band pin seal and it'll look like it's the extension housing gasket. You wouldn't believe how many times I've torn apart transmission that were supposedly rebuilt only to find their idea of a rebuild was to just pull the clutch packs and install new clutch discs and slap it back together. Not saying that's what was done with yours but it could be
The guy that did the work closed his shop and skiped town on me. He was a crook and a dangerous guy in the end. So I have no recourse and no idea what was done with the trans. I don’t think much unfortunately.

You're going to need the proper tools: A roll of Bounty, A small mirror, and a pillow (to save your neck from cramping up). Pour enough fluid in that trans to put it a couple inches over the full mark; then you might catch the spot in the act. I do bench job TF rebuilds covers all hard parts plus detailing for $400. People call me up and say they don't want a rebuild and detail; how much to stop it from leaking...I say "it's $400"... Cuz, "There's never enough time to do it right; but there's always enough time to do it twice".

400 is a bargain. Tyranny shops here are charging 10x that. I don't know if that's for the same type of tyranny but thought I'm in the wrong business.

400 is a bargain. Tyranny shops here are charging 10x that. I don't know if that's for the same type of tyranny but thought I'm in the wrong business.
Tyranny??..
You do realize this thread is 4 years old....

I would get a set of taps and some thread repair kits and chase all the holes where the pan attaches. I would also get a new gasket and filter as well.
I have used the Dorman pans that are awesome they are well built and have a drain plug.

Oil pan Studs

New Pan

Filter Extension

Gasket and Filter

-
Back