904?

-

magnumminded

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is much difference in using a low gear 904 vs a non-low gear 904? I'm talking about from a performance standpoint. Please let me know. Thank you.

Well, I put the low 1st in my car, and my 60ft got worse. ( I need better tires). The stroker just blows the tires off now. it is LOW! for a street car, I wouldnt ave done it if i knew what it was going to be like. It is a pain with the reverse manual valvebody. If your chassis can handle hooking up at the track, it is a good add on. Once i get better springs, a snubber and new slicks next season, I know I will see a definate improvement.

Depends on application like pretty much everything else.

340-360's tend to like the extra pull of the low gear set. Strokers not so much in general.

68 B-Body 2.76 gears and mild 318/original 904 manual everything. An oversized A-Body lol.

Depends on application like pretty much everything else.

340-360's tend to like the extra pull of the low gear set. Strokers not so much in general.

Cracked, So with a stroker would it be advisable to run a low first gear set and step up to a taller rear gear?

68 B-Body 2.76 gears and mild 318/original 904 manual everything. An oversized A-Body lol.

Wasn't the original purpose for the low gear set, 80's cars with steep rear gears. An attempt at gas mileage before O/D was available.

Cracked, So with a stroker would it be advisable to run a low first gear set and step up to a taller rear gear?

I want to run a 2.?? gear in the rear, I have the low trans gear, the strokers pull hard enough out of the hole I dont think it would kill my ET's too bad. I would only be doing this for ease of driving on the highway.

-
Back