906 heads ported?

-

Aussiemopars

Reaction score
How can I tell if the '906 heads I have are ported? The metal seems a bit thin between the ports. Any measurements I can take?

20191223_184751.jpg

Runners on the 906 heads are pretty thin to begin with. From the photo, those look stock. I would only recommend smoothing out the rough surfaces. Remember doing the ceilings are more important than the floors of the ports. 65'

No problem, before you go and dump a bunch of money into an older cast iron head you should consider after market aluminum heads. You'll be further ahead with much less weight! IMO 65'

Those appear as cast and unported.

Yeah for sure. I have another set of 440 source heads for a 400 stroker build in the Charger but thinking of changing to the Trickflows for that one and put the Source heads on the 383 in the Cuda.

How can I tell if the '906 heads I have are ported? The metal seems a bit thin between the ports. Any measurements I can take?

View attachment 1715441595
If you can get decent aluminum heads where you are at somewhere near the cost of rebuilding and porting the 906s its a no brainer to go aluminum. 906 heads are crack prone , at least after porting and milling.

Yeah ok. I have some ported (allegedly) 452's on the cuda atm but there is a chunk missing out of where the rocker cover sits and they always leak. PITA to get to seal and have to redress it every so often.

-
Back