A 1974 Duster - My 2nd one, 41 years later!

-
With measurements taken and written down, housing out for welding new perches. Waiting on Angle Finding gauge to arrive. With springs in rails it looks like pins have been moved in appx. 3.5" Today: 12-15-15 marks 6 months since I bought this car.

IMG_2643 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

looking pretty good alex, better go christmas shopping instead of spending all your time under that car. lol.

moving right along dude, looks like you'll be driving her by summertime.

time for some r&r, i'll be over w/some beers a little later.
higgs

So how big of a tire do you think you can get under there with a rally wheel ? (15x8 or 15x10 rim)

I contacted Wheel Vintiques, they said they will make me a set of 15x10 with 7.5" backspace. They will be the same Series 56 wheel as to match the front. Nitto 555 325/50/15 will be the tire. Ring gear and pinion should be here today. 7290 Billet Steel Yoke ordered today. 3rd member should be done soon. :)

Hey Alex, awesome build you got goin! My brother John sent me some pics of it the other day. Guess he bought a lift kit from you, he was pretty impressed with your car!! May have to look you up next time I'm out in CO visiting them.

Well cool, thank you...small world eh...Yes he bought one of our F150Lifts Coilover kits. You are welcome to stop by anytime!

Alex

Merry Christmas Alex! I can't wait to see those wells filled with rubber. Your hard work and preparation is paying off BIG Time!

Thank you Brock...We all need to do another get together again......Higgs and gotta have Dave (Jaws) out too!, have a beer and talk some Mope! Merry Christmas to you too and all the FABO guys!!!

Thank you Brock...We all need to do another get together again......Higgs and gotta have Dave (Jaws) out too!, have a beer and talk some Mope! Merry Christmas to you too and all the FABO guys!!!

i'm in on that, always kewl to hang w/my mopar buddies!! merry christmas everyone, hope to see you colorado mope heads soon!!

higgs

My wife is working...no kids...So out in the garage of course. I had rust through holes at the lower edges of the rear window, so I cut out the bad metal and welded in a couple pieces of 16 ga. Little filler, some primer, almost there. The rear package tray was not savable, 40 years of sun destroyed it. I was able to get it out in pieces, good enough to make a template for a new one. Working on that too.

IMG_2675 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2676 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_2677 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

I contacted Wheel Vintiques, they said they will make me a set of 15x10 with 7.5" backspace. They will be the same Series 56 wheel as to match the front. Nitto 555 325/50/15 will be the tire. Ring gear and pinion should be here today. 7290 Billet Steel Yoke ordered today. 3rd member should be done soon. :)

Make sure the 7290 has the same spline as the ring and pinion.
I ended up spending $180 extra because of spline count.

-
Back