A 1974 Duster - My 2nd one, 41 years later!

-
Thanks Pent! Got the in tank unit installed and gas tank back in the car. Now to run lines and fab up a cover. If I had to do it over I would have drilled the holes centered on the vent not on a stud as I did, it would have been aiming straight to the front had I done that.

IMG_3262 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Last edited:
Got an exciting phone call today from Ridge Reamers (machine shop). My block will be done this Thursday, ready for pick up on Friday morning! 408 build to start soon!

Alex, you cant just stop because Lupfer called. What else have you been doing?

Alex, you cant just stop because Lupfer called. What else have you been doing?

I've been working on her. Ordered all the fuel fittings and supply/return lines, 100 Micron filter....all that jazz. Started blocking the body. Ordered more epoxy primer.

Picked up block this morning. Only had time to unload it off my truck....had to get to work.

IMG_3267 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Oh....I ordered one of these set-ups too, FiTech #30002:
fif-30002_xl by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Last edited:
I am very impressed with the Por engine enamel. It is hard as rocks this morning....Maybe Higgs will show up so we can drop this crank in, stuff in some pistons!

Windage tray installed, oil pump in. Everything seems fit very well. The Kevko pick up tube is not intended to be used with a windage tray. So...I cut the mount and re-welded it on the tube. Also drilled a hole in the windage tray and then welded in a stainless button head bolt to act as the hold down for the pick up tube. Yes I used blue Loctite on the nut.

IMG_3320 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3321 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3322 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3323 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3324 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Last edited:
Running the fuel lines: measuring, marking, cutting, install fitting, put piece back in car. Tracer blue line is "send", plain black is "return". Should make it easy to identify. I'm getting there. Made my own bracket for the 100 Micron fuel filter, Oil pan on, need to degree cam soon. Saving $ for the heads.

IMG_3365 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3364 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3363 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3366 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3367 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

IMG_3368 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Bunch of stuff ordered and on the way. Aeromotive Wiring kit for fuel pump, Flywheel, Lunati Degree wheel Kit, roll over vent valve, Mini Starter, aluminum radiator. FiTech unit should arrive soon also.

I have been blocking the car body, and am feeling very good about me painting the car. Thanks again for the words of encouragement!

love the green, I debated for a long time if I was going to make my car green or purple. y not use the stainless braded line? don't want it rubbing the paint off?

too bad they did not make it with a hemi orange stripe in there instead of the blue.

-
Back