A 1974 Duster - My 2nd one, 41 years later!

-
Just saw this build and WOW! so awesome!

I have a question.... did you already install your trunk divider and packaging tray? If so, could you please post pictures of the process if you have them?

Thank you Joeycurl. Sorry I haven't been on the forums lately. Getting old can't walk so well...need a Hip Replacement. That happens on June 24th. Should have been done months ago...but CoVid stopped all "elective" surgeries. I'm still here.

Never did the detail in the trunk, sorry.

Alex

Hi Guys, Been a while..all my fault, sorry. Well lots has happened. I'm still here. I'm thinking I'm going to sell my Duster. I just don't have the space to keep her and really the thrill for me was building it. Not sure what to ask for her in the way of $. Anyone looking for a Sassy Duster?

IMG_0946.jpeg

Dude, just make sure you want to let it go before you list it. As for price, I have no idea…

if 'the build' does it for you maybe say in your advert you might take a project in px. some one getting nowhere with their car may want one ready to drive but worry about what to do with their project.
neil.

I would just drive it, instead of trying to sell it.
Mine is 99% done, and there is no way I could build it again for what I have in it.

Seems like he really doesn’t have a use for it and wants to sell it. On the other hand, mine took eight years and I’m still doing little things to it so I would never sell.

Alex, Dusters have gone up quite a bit in the last few years. It should be worth some cash!

Thanks everyone, appreciate the feedback. I'm 66 now...but still kicking. JD my project Dart "Clive" was sold when I realized I have too much stuff. What is going on is I am clearing out my garage and installing a Trackman Golf Simulator in it. Can't be swinging a golf club and balls flying with the Duster in there at the same time. Yes, I could back it out and put it back in when I'm finished swinging the clubs, but I was just thinking someone might treat her better and drive it more than I am.

Last edited:
I get it completely. I'm 66 also and starting to wonder if I'll ever get all of my cars done in my lifetime. I thought I'd have more free time when I retired! :BangHead: :realcrazy: LOL. Do what makes you the happiest, and that's what matters. The Duster is a very nice car, no matter if you keep it or sell it.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks everyone, appreciate the feedback. I'm 66 now...but still kicking. JD my project Dart "Clive" was sold when I realized I have too much stuff. What is going on is I am clearing out my garage and installing a Trackman Golf Simulator in it. Can't be swinging a golf club and balls flying with the Duster in there at the same time. Yes, I could back it out and put it back in when I'm finished swinging the clubs, but I was just thinking someone might treat her better and drive it more than I am.
Happy to swing by on the weekends to put some miles on it for ya while I wait for mine to come back together…at least until you get it sold. Or maybe watching someone else drive it and bring it back with a **** eating grin on his face will rekindle the flame for you:steering:

-
Back