-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dustbull

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys, It's been a bit since my six speed swap, and I've had a bit of time to clean up the 4-speed and get everything together that i had taken off. I am selling an A-833 cast iron housing overdrive transmission (with shifter and new linkage), Lakewood scatter shield (and block saver), McLoed hydraulic throw out bearing, and 3/4" bore wilwood master that i had used to actuate the slave. I also have the 4spd hump, stock cross member, and yoke if needed...
Everything has about 23,000 miles of street use on it-most of which was highway. It shifted good while still in the car, the clutch pedal was super smooth and light too thanks to the hydraulic setup. This is an overdrive transmission where "4th gear" is overdrive at I believe 0.76:1. Since it is a cast iron housing it's way stronger than the more common aluminum ones. The input bearing retainer was machined down to fit the smaller opening on the scatter shield. One of the only problems is that I didn't properly tie down the bleeder tube for the hyd. throw out bearing, so it chaffed a hole into the tube- a new 4AN(?) hose is all that's needed for it. Asking $800 you pay shipping ( I am in Southwest Florida). If you have any questions, or want pictures of anything pming me would be the quickest way, thanks!
These are before i cleaned them, I didnt bring my camera on cleanup day...
DSC00680.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

This is when it was new, but helps you get the idea...
Throwoutbearing2.jpg

transandenginetogether.jpg

(engine not included :joker:)

Hey guys, To make it simple i was hoping to sell the lot all to one person..now that i see there it interest for all of the individual components, i will consider parting it out. So the prices are as follows:
Professionally rebuilt 23,000 miles ago, iron housing overdrive A-833 (23 spline) with shifter and linkage (linkage was bought new when i installed it in my duster, adjustment threads are perfect)-$400
Small block Lakewood scatter shield with block saver-very few paint scuffs, i should have all/most of the grade 8 nuts and bolts that it came with.-$250
Mcleod hydraulic throw out bearing and mecleod 3/4" bore master cylinder that i used for the clutch pedal. Throw out bearing slips over stock bearing retainer, and is adjustable in length (i also have a small spacer i machined down to work on my application. Worked flawlessly for 23,000 miles until the bleeder hose chaffed on the subframe, just needs a new braided line-$250
You pay shipping for whichever item you purchase, my zip code is 33904. Those who posted/pm'd about a specific part will get first dibs, I will post what has been sold when a deal is made. If anyone has any questions or wants pics of things, post here or pm me, Thanks for looking!

Well, its been a little over 48hrs since i put the individual prices up and pm'd everyone who had shown interest for certain components, no responses yet/no deals have been made yet, so up to the top...
(4spd hump sheet metal pending sale)

also have a small spacer i machined down to work on my application

Why did it need a spacer? You didn't mention a clutch and pressure plate, any pics?. I am interested in the hyd. throw out bearing.

It needed a bigger spacer because different clutch setups have different distances for the pressure plate fingers to the flywheel face, one's application may not need a spacer (or need a bigger one) the Mcleod instructions state this as well. The clutch and pressure plate are not for sale as i was able to re-use them for my six speed install- all that i needed was a clutch disk with the proper dimension and spline to work with the t56. I hope this helped, if you have any more questions let me know, thanks.

It needed a bigger spacer because different clutch setups have different distances for the pressure plate fingers to the flywheel face, one's application may not need a spacer (or need a bigger one) the Mcleod instructions state this as well. The clutch and pressure plate are not for sale as i was able to re-use them for my six speed install- all that i needed was a clutch disk with the proper dimension and spline to work with the t56. I hope this helped, if you have any more questions let me know, thanks.

PM sent.

When I asked about the throw out bearing, it was because I wanted it. If you are still selling pieces, let me know.

sorry gremlin, i was unclear about that...at the moment i have a pending sale for everything. If something happens, i will make sure to pm you.

sorry gremlin, i was unclear about that...at the moment i have a pending sale for everything. If something happens, i will make sure to pm you.

If it don't happen, I would appreciate it if you were to send me a PN for the bearing, and some dimensions on the spacer. Making a spacer is no problem, I've been machining since '81. What clutch and PP you running?

Hello everyone, I've had a few deals go through and a few more fall through. I apologize to those who had pmed me about items already, but because it's been so long from my original postings, and had other negotiations almost closed I had deleted my pms that I had in my mailbox a while ago. I still have:

scatter shield w/ block saver
hydraulic throw out bearing/clutch master cylinder
And If anyone needs it i also have the stock crossmember as well

Asking prices are same as above, Pm me if interested, thanks.

pm sent about a week ago, I still have

scatter shield w/ block saver
hydraulic throw out bearing/clutch master cylinder
stock crossmember if anyones looking for one

Not trying to thread jack but I seen you post on B.A.R. Dustbull.

Not trying to thread jack but I seen you post on B.A.R. Dustbull.

Yea, Dustbull is me, until a month or so ago "dusted" was posting pics of our vehicles on there. He is some clown who is in no way affiliated with me and was taking my photobucket pics and claiming everything as his own..he even tried to 'sell' my 383 sbc on there...

Crossmember sold!

Still available:
Scatter shield/ block saver
Mcleod adjustable Hydraulic Throw out bearing/ wilwood master cylinder

If anyone's interested in pictures, I should have time late tonight to take some, so check back here tomorrow for them. Thanks.

Seriously Interested in hydraulic Set-up, do you have a pic of rest of setup ? Clutch Master etc, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back