A-833 trans swap

-

StrokerMcG

'64 'Cudavert
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Friends-
I recently acquired a 66 'Cuda hulk for the v8/4-sp it contained. Originally the thought was to replace the slant 6/ auto trans in my 64 Valiant ('Cudavert). But I've been thinking (always dangerous) that it would be fun to put the a-833 behind the six. Can any of you folks tell me if the v8 bellhousing will bolt up to the six? From what I can see without taking everything apart, it appears that the motor mounts are the same and possibly the bellhousing bolt pattern. All the other stuff- pedals, etc appear to be swapable. Also the floorboard sheetmetal looks to be reusable. Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Stroker

nope... look at the starter locations between the two. I looked into this awhile back. bell from a/ with the od. trans I think ? buddy had a / with a 3spd. and a 833 laying around

nope... look at the starter locations between the two. I looked into this awhile back. bell from a/ with the od. trans I think ? buddy had a / with a 3spd. and a 833 laying around
Thanks BBB! I realized that when I went out into the heat and looked again. It was right in front of me, no wonder I didn't see it. Are 6/a-833 belhousings available anywhere? Maybe i should stick with the 273 (or 318 or 340), at least it should all bolt in. I haven't looked into the transmission mount though. Who knows if it is the correct location. It appears the motor mounts should be ok as is.

Anyway, thanks for your reply!
Stroker

If you think that the 4-spd slanty would be fun, then how about double the power with a V8?
Correct you are.
My first 64 Valiant coupe was a 273/4-sp 2bbl (in 1966). It was great. I think i see a 340 in my crystal ball.
Stroker

-
Back