-
Status
Not open for further replies.

5800Tim340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
want to buy a a-833 non-overdrive for a 69 barracuda. 23 spline input is fine. I prefer one that’s all ready to go, but wouldn’t mind paying significantly less for one that needs a rebuild. Condition will be the determining factor in what I can pay.
Located at 36330 will drive/meetup.
Pics for interest

09B27DF6-EAD2-4AD9-8757-64DE2E29A17C.jpeg

0ED1606B-1D9B-4ED2-BCD3-74CA04CA8B53.jpeg

11D0749B-E849-440A-8B87-F1F47FCE0EF0.jpeg

I'm guessing that you want a period correct slip yoke style?
If not....
I have a complete ball and trunnion trans with everything, bell, flywheel, clutch, PP, shifter, clutch and brake pedal assembly with linkage....

Kern dog: This is what I’m using now, slip yoke vs ball and trunion wise. I’d like to keep it the same for easy install.

66fs: got any pics? How many miles since the rebuild? Who did the work? Receipts for parts/labor?

5109A0C4-A6C4-48FA-899E-46880D1997CC.jpeg

Kern dog: This is what I’m using now, slip yoke vs ball and trunion wise. I’d like to keep it the same for easy install.

66fs: got any pics? How many miles since the rebuild? Who did the work? Receipts for parts/labor?

View attachment 1715310568

I'll try and get some Pics. I rebuilt it. No miles. I'm going with a Passon Hemi O/D in the 67 Barracuda. What spline output are you running? I'll post new parts later, Have to run.

I'll try and get some Pics. I rebuilt it. No miles. I'm going with a Passon Hemi O/D in the 67 Barracuda. What spline output are you running? I'll post new parts later, Have to run.

Ah the passion units, would love for them to be more affordable for me
Not sure the output spline, I’m currently running an aluminum OD unit. I’ll keep an eye out for your parts list. Thanks everybody for the help.

Measure the OD of slip yoke and I'll check it. The O/D units can be either large or small. I'm guessing you are running a 340?

Measure the OD of slip yoke and I'll check it. The O/D units can be either large or small. I'm guessing you are running a 340?
The OD of the slip yoke is 1.75in, I got that from measuring the circumference with a string then dividing by pi so that’s probably +/- 1/8th inch.
Yes it is a 340.

Looks like the rear shifter mounting holes are not drilled and tapped.
Definitely overdrive tranny.
I think you're right. The iron B/E body tail housings I remember seeing had both set of mount holes drilled and tapped. The OD trans I have on the shelf doesn't have the rear mount holes drilled.

The OD of the slip yoke is 1.75in, I got that from measuring the circumference with a string then dividing by pi so that’s probably +/- 1/8th inch.
Yes it is a 340.

Looks like you have the large output shaft, so you should be good to go.

The new parts used in the rebuild were:
Rebuild Kits
Countershaft

I checked the output shaft and input shaft for straightness
I installed good used synchro assemblies
The gears looked great
It has good used brass forks. If you want steel ones they cost an extra $120 for the pair.

It is nice and tight. Pics to follow when I can dig it out.

Looks like you have the large output shaft, so you should be good to go.

The new parts used in the rebuild were:
Rebuild Kits
Countershaft

I checked the output shaft and input shaft for straightness
I installed good used synchro assemblies
The gears looked great
It has good used brass forks. If you want steel ones they cost an extra $120 for the pair.

It is nice and tight. Pics to follow when I can dig it out.
PM sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back