A-904 Rebuild

-

bwhitejr

Reaction score
I took the A-904 apart this weekend. The seals and gaskets from the Mopar performance kit didn't fit the pistons for my front or rear clutch drums. I got alot of snap rings (I don't know where they could all go). The small sealing rings didn't fit my tranny. :sad1: The clutches and steels fit. Although I got six disks for the front, I thought the most anyone could use is 5. I put 4 in 'cuz that is what it had before. All-in-all I am dissapointed with the Mopar kit. I did notice that it had '76 and up on the box, mine is a '69.

What is really need is the individual parts for my transmission. Can someone tell me where I can buy individual sealing rings and front and rear clutch drum piston gaskets and seals?

bwhitejr

Got my kit from Chris at Andrews Racing transmissions and all was well. I gave him the numbers off the pan rail on the LH side of trans. Call him, or pm him, he will probobly be able to help you . 76 and up trans are probobly getting into the lockup versions and I know they are different than a 69.

-
Back