Status
Not open for further replies.

gregpurcell

Greg Purcell
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Contact seller
This is manual steering box from a mid 60's A body. To the best of my knowledge, it is NOT the "rare fast ratio" box. The Pitman arm has been removed so it will also work on earlier A bodies, B and E body cars.

The problem is that this box DOES NOT WORK! I discovered this after spending hours sandblasting and cleaning it. I thought I'd offer it here for $25 before I scrap it. I've noticed that many of the rebuild companies ask for a $100 core charge so if yours is better this one might work for that.

The top shaft is very hard to turn and when you do turn it, the bottom output shaft does not turn at all. If you put the Pitman arm on it and force the bottom shaft the top shaft will turn.

I am selling this as a CORE ONLY! AS IS NO RETURNS. It is NOT USABLE right now! If you can rebuild it, great, I just want to get paid for the time cleaning it.

Again, it DOES NOT WORK IN IT'S present condition!

Located in Savannah, GA I'm looking for $25 plus the ride.

Thanks!

DSC04106.JPG

DSC04107.JPG

DSC04108.JPG

DSC04109.JPG

DSC04110.JPG

Last edited:
Try loosening the adjustment screw with the locknut 1/4 turn and see if it frees up. Maladjustment might bind it up.

actually the adjustment screw helped a lot. If I mess with it I actually may be able to make it work. Are these units supposed to be greased or do they use 90 weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back