A big heart

-
Rob,
How is the rose garden going? It's been a while since you posted the pix. Any new growth?

George

Rob,
How is the rose garden going? It's been a while since you posted the pix. Any new growth?

George

Lots of new growth, George.

They've established well and have produced blooms. I've taken some pics, but I've been waiting for everything to go into bloom at once, to be able to take a pic of the entire garden in color to be able to post.

I think the one I've been the most excited about taking to it's new environments is the small paradise rose we planted in Katie's honor. I think one of the reasons I'm excited about it is because Sarah would be.

Lots of new growth, George.

They've established well and have produced blooms. I've taken some pics, but I've been waiting for everything to go into bloom at once, to be able to take a pic of the entire garden in color to be able to post.

I think the one I've been the most excited about taking to it's new environments is the small paradise rose we planted in Katie's honor. I think one of the reasons I'm excited about it is because Sarah would be.
Good job bud!
Roses don't take much, and they give back way more back than you have to put in.
Waiting for the full bloom pix when ya post them.

Geo

Some of you may know that I recently purchased a house and got away from Elmira and it's rather small yard (I could mow the front and back in about five minutes, that included trimming and edging). Now I have five plus acres to call all my own, to do with what I please.

One of the priorities of moving was to take Sarah's plants with me.

I was able to take about three days this past week and plan out the rose garden and get all of Sarah's roses in the ground. Unfortunately, though, I lost two of them in the transplant.

But I'm pretty proud of this:

It measures 14' at the sides and 14' across. Just got the mulch in it yesterday. I have room for about ten more roses.

I loved growing these for Sarah and Sarah loved having the opportunity to go out in the garden and cut roses when she wanted to.

As they grow back, I expecting the green and color to really set out against the black background of the mulch.

That's awesome rob! I'm certain Sarah loves it!

This is the best thread I've read in a long time. Congratulations on the new home! It's all a very fitting reflection of the good and kind heart that resides in its owner. You are one in a million Robert -- never forget it. < hug >

I have mowed over my roses so many times trying to get rid of them because they were planted by my ex . They just wouldn't take the hint . Now I have the nicest roses in my end of town . Love 'em and even bought more to add to the ones I had .

-
Back