A bit of body and paint stuff finished (or close)

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
As some may know I am painting my daily driver one section at a time while driving it most every day.
I grind, smooth, fill and primer during the week a little at a time and then major stuff happens on weekends when it can cure before I have to drive it again.
I had to replace the passenger side fender and after a very helpful couple of members here saved my bacon and I got another fender.
It was off a newer model Dart, so I had to fill some holes where the plastic valance was mounted between the newer cars bumper and main body of the fender (no big deal) and did a emblem and antenna delete on it. (a little bigger deal) but not too bad.
I don't use regular Bondo any more, but use what's called Bondo Glass, which is a fiberglass resin with fiberglass strands in it.
Much tougher more stable than the regular Bondo body filler, but sanding and paint prep is about the same.

I got the nose (beak) section done a few days ago where it had two big creases in it and after it cured indoors for one day and out in the sun for another, it went back on and the repaired bezel I fixed the dents on installed along with new paint and all new stainless oval head Phillips screws. (like OE but new)

I got the body lines as close as all the parts would allow, and I feel darn lucky it came out this close, after seeing miss matches others have run into.

Onward and upward. :D

SANY0001a.JPG

SANY0002a.JPG

-
Back