a bodies and 4 speeds

-

dustya_383

Reaction score
so i have an opportunity to buy a few different 4 speeds. two of which i am positive they are for "a" body . .thing is that they are pretty far to pick up , and there is another one im not so sure about. its local which is good and he is asking fair price. .but. he's not sure of what body its for. .his exact words"From my understanding the a833 can fit under any mopar they are not specific to any body style" now is this true i tend to believe it is false but not sure which is why i turn to you guys. .thanks

you are corect a bodies have a shorter tail shaft and diferent shifter location. i dont have a pitcher but i bet one will pop up.

Here's a "pitcher"

Shifter Install1.jpg

I have an E/B body A833 in my 68 Cuda. You can read the details of how I did it in the link Keith posted.

hi, have a 833 in my A body, its 18 spline, that rare? anyway ive fitted a hurst shifter,re done all connections however think maybe trouble in box itself, drives great in all 4 gears, smooth, no whines etc, just dont think each selector fork sitting happy in each neutral,goes into 1st,2nd somtimes awkard, 3 - 4 great. anyone have a schematic:read2: of box with casing off please? many thanks, happy new year all.its called detent system that needs to be looked at....

I to have a B/E body trans. in my 73 Dart. Read through the articles that have been posted in this thread and you see for yourself how to achieve this feat. Good luck!!

-
Back