A-bodies running early B-body rears

-

Plik

Ragin Cajun
Reaction score
Does someone have pics of an a body (duster preferably) running an early b body rear in stock length with perches moved in 1/2". I just want to get an idea of how the backspacing looks... trying to decide if i want to have my b-body 8-3/4 cut or just have the perches moved.

Thanks!

Plik!

.................If u run 5.5 back spacing a 10 in rim sticks out alittle with 295/50s.....i'd have to mearure mine to see how much clearance i have to the springs...........kim...........

Here are a couple pictures of my old 71 Duster. I don't have it anymore and unfortunately these are the only photos of it from when it had a B-body Dana in it. I had the 3/4" offset hangar kit, SS springs and 10" rims with 305 50 15 tires. No rubbing and it was never tubbed.

Attachments

• duster 21.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Dana.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 136
sorry to hijack, but............ i just picked up a b-body rea 8.75, and please tell me if i heard wrong.... i was told that you can run a b-body rear with a set of rallys', that it will just move the wheel closer to the outer wheelwell. cause the duster with a a-body rea, the tires set in so far.....

I have a 67-68 B-body 8 3/4 in a Demon. My suggestion would be to install 3/4" offset hangers, you need to move spring mounts any way so why not. I'm using 5.25" back space on 8" wheel with offset hangers, tires are 275/50-15s.

Attachments

• Demon Exterior01.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 113
-
Back