A body 383 exaust and suspension

-

danbud61

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm in a project of replacing my s/b with a b/b 383.

I'm curious to find which exhaust is best (I have power steering)?

I'm also curious to know if the s/b torsion bars will work?

Dan:read2:

Hi!

I'm in a project of replacing my s/b with a b/b 383.

I'm curious to find which exhaust is best (I have power steering)?

I'm also curious to know if the s/b torsion bars will work?

Dan:read2:

What's this going in A or B. If it's an A then Schumacher hands down with the power steering and any torsion bar will work but recommend the .890".

Terry

I just put my big block a-body manifolds on ebay Sunday. They have been repaired though. Someone is going to get them cheap. No bids yet and no reserve. I have been sitting on them long enough, and do not plan to use them. So if you really need a set, you could check them out, they end Sunday 02\22\09. I ran TTI's instead. ebay 190287369210

TTIs on a BB 4 speed a-body?
If so, do they fit well and how were they to install?

The TTI's were a breeze to install, before the clutch linkage, but when I tried to install the z-bar, there was no way it was going to fit. I bought my z-bar from Brewers, and I even bought a NOS big block Z-bar from ebay and that did not fit. Had to cut off lower leg and move it over towards frame rail and weld it back on!!! Major hastle due to lack of room to work with!!

well I managed to dry fit it in the hole (w/out trans) so far so good.
I used c body manifolds with some slight grinding on the m/fold at the steering shaft coupler.
As for the shoemaker mounts, the r/t side was two inches to thick, so I used the old B body mount bracket, drilled a center hole for the sandwich mount and voila! its in.
By the way, I kept the power steering, It clears the gear and hoses yet will need a heat shield.
For starter I'll be using a starter off a 96 ram which is smaller.
Cant wait to start it up!

Keep you updated.

Dan

-
Back