-
Status
Not open for further replies.

340swinger70

Reaction score
Rating - 60%
3   2   0
Contact seller
A Body 4 speed console body with a automatic top Plate. $150.00 Located in Missouri. PM me if interested

Attachments

• 4speedconsole 001.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,497
  • 4speedconsole 002.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,440
  • 4speedconsole 003.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,435
  • 4speedconsole 004.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,442
Well I have actually had 3 of these consoles over the years with the front that looks like it was cut. The first one i got was one that somebody put in a 73 charger so my immediate thought was that it had been cut. But over the years I pulled one from a 73 Dart Sport and a 74 Duster and they looked identical to this one. After talking with some other parts vendors they have ran across the same thing. One guy said he thinks some of the later models had these consoles? I have no clue. When in the car you cannot tell the front looks like that. It's possible that someone has cut all the ones I have seen, but I think it is possibly factory. The cuts all look the same, and they are very square cut, not like somebody took a hacksaw or something and butchered it up. Anybody have any input on this? Please respond

Thanks 340swinger70 I have a orig auto console in Dads 67 cuda and it's complete around the nose of it.I also have 69 4spd cuda with 4spd console and I believe the nose is complete as well. Id have to dig that one out of my parts stash.
I have seen some that were cut but even the top plate had been cut (didn't look good) and definitely not factory. Believed it was cut for dealer installed ac??

Yours is the 2nd one I have seen cut like that recently. Definitely presentable looking.
Can you take a closer pic?
Im thinking later model factory ac console cars got this type??
Oh Dads 67 is a factory ac car too.

Yes I will get you a close up pic. From what i understand but cannot guarentee it is these were used 73 74-up era. Top plate and area where top plate goes have never been cut. On the front where the cut is, there is a pattern from whatever it was cut with. All I have had like this and the few others I have seen all have the same type pattern from being cut. Its kind of weird......Hopefully someone can chime in with more info

I have a 76 A body I'm considering doing mods to. Does it have a way to mount it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back