-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsmopars

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Contact seller
I have a complete original A-body rear with a 742 case 3.23 clutch type suregrip in it. I removed the rear from a 1970 duster. It is complete with housing, small bolt pattern axles, backing plates with correct drums, 2-shock plates, 2 of the original u bolts, complete suregrip chunk, and the E-brake cables. The only issue that I see is that one of the bolt holes on the yoke has been drilled through and a bolt and nut used. Will also need cleaned up. $650.00 for it all. It is located in middle, Tn and can be picked up, or shipping worked out.
Send me a PM if you are interested.
Matt

Attachments

• 6888748-IMG_2881.jpg 3.23.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 606
  • 6888756-IMG_2878.jpg 3.23 chunk.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 601
  • 6888774-IMG_2883.jpg 3.23 2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 611
A-body 742? that's gotta be a pretty rare piece great price!

It's actually not possible in 1970. Must be an earlier rear or the 3rd member was changed. The last year for a 742 was 68 although I'm sure there were a few left overs that got used in 69. It is a stouter carrier than the std. A-body 741 unit and the price is great. Somebody's getting a good deal.

I would be interested in this. However I am not interested in getting raped in the shipping cost. Would you be making any trips to this side of the US any time in the near future? I am planning on going to the Spring Fling in Van Nuys so if you are going that way then maybe we could work something out. PM me and let me know if we could work something out.

Thanks much
Jeff

Sorry , But I do not plan on making any trips out toward California. As for the rear it is a good complete set-up. If anyone is interested please just send me a PM. Also when I said original A-body rear , I was basically talking about the hosing, axles, and brakes. As they are original and have not been modified. I am sure the 742 case 3.23 chunk has been swapped into it over the years. I just pulled all of it as you see it from a 1970 duster that I have had for several years.
Thank for all the interest!
Matt

I will buy it if we can get arrangements made. I answered the pm. If you are comming near StLouis consider it sold!

I will buy it if we can get arrangements made. I answered the pm. If you are comming near StLouis consider it sold!

The plans that I had to come to your area have fell through. If you think of another way to work something out please let me know. As for now the rear is still up for grabs. Thanks, Matt

Sorry for my ignorance, will this fit on a 74 swinger?

Sorry for my ignorance, will this fit on a 74 swinger?

Unless i am mistaken it would bolt under any A-body car from 1967-1976 with the correct parts. These rears are small 5x4.0" bolt pattern and the 73-up cars were 5x4.5" big bolt pattern. Hope this helps.
Matt

Unless i am mistaken it would bolt under any A-body car from 1967-1976 with the correct parts. These rears are small 5x4.0" bolt pattern and the 73-up cars were 5x4.5" big bolt pattern. Hope this helps.
Matt

ill give you 6 and pick up in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back