[WANTED] A body 8 3/4 or Dana 60

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to replace my 7 1/4 with a 8 3/4 or Dana 60. I live in south Florida but will pay for shipping to a certain extent if out of state.

Talk to Cass at drdiff.com he is very helpful.

The Dana60 is only a couple hundred bucks more get it over the 8 3/4.

You may as well get the disk brakes at the same time. I went with the Eaton true trac and 4.10 gearing. I spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $4,000. While you have the diff out, may as get a set of 002 and 003 springs and some shocks and bushings, et cetera.

If you don't plan on going to the track, or if you plan on a stroker, get higher gearing like 3.54. Keep the piston speed down, strokers can make it significantly higher.

Need to replace my 7 1/4 with a 8 3/4 or Dana 60. I live in south Florida but will pay for shipping to a certain extent if out of state.
A big block in that car I would be thinking Dana 60 right out of the gate. Of course this is with all the experience of breaking my brand new 8 and 3/4. That I actually paid more for than my Dana 60. If you're looking for it mailed to your front door I would check the prices. If you're willing to do a little bit of leg work you can get that Dana 60 down to about 1200 bucks like I did. It won't get sent to your front door for 1200 but most parts will and most of Labor. of course this doesn't include the brakes and backing plates and such which can come off of any 8 and 1/4 like mine did. From an older Dodge Dakota from the wrecking yard. If you'd like to know more about this option just let me know. My-2..

great price even with shipping!
Priced to sell. I’ll
great price even with shipping!
have no use for the sbp 8 3/4 figure if I can help out someone I will. Truth be told I almost cut the axle ends off for my dana 60. Also I would have used the 8 3/4 had I not built a 650hp 440 with passon 5spd. Naturally the dana 60 with 4:10 LSD was a better choice for my needs. If you aren’t looking to get the front wheels off the ground the 8 3/4 is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back