Not open for further replies.

71ChargerSE

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Sharing this for a friend of mine, contact info available in ad

http://up.craigslist.org/pts/5441369675.html

"Complete, original drum-to-drum Chrysler 8-3/4" rear axle for Mopar A-body, 1960-'76. Fits Dodge Dart, Lancer, Demon, Dart Sport and Plymouth Valiant, Duster, Scamp for all years. This was a somewhat rare factory option from 1966-'72. As such, it uses the 4" wheel bolt pattern and brake components, which do not intechange with any other Mopar axle. Shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware are available, but the A-body-specific drums and backing plates have been discontinued for decades.
It needs replacement wheel studs, but those impossible-to-find flared drums are still on it. One spring perch needs to be straightened or replaced, and a few of the wheel studs are bent. The outer edges of the drum flares need a little heat and a couple of raps with a hammer to be perfect, but considering the drums are there at all, it's pretty minor. The center section is a 741 X casting, 2.76:1 ratio, most likely an open diff but I didn't bother checking. The original metal ratio tag is in place, but there's no "Sure Grip" tag so assume it's a one-legger, just like I did. It's probably also safe to assume it will need bearings and seals as it's been in storage more than 10 years.

Asking $950 or best serious offer. If you know what you're seeing, you know that's not an insane price. A bare housing went for $595 on eBay in November, and that poor fella needs to find brakes, axle shafts, a center section--everything. This is the whole shebang in one easy purchase. Under no circumstances will I separate this for parts, so please don't ask. It's all or nothing. No holds; bring cash and the means to move it. If you're reading this from outside a reasonable driving distance, contact me regarding possible shipping.

Please respond via craigslist e-mail or text only to establish first contact. Texts received between 8AM-5PM will likely be returned after 5PM. No texts after 11PM, please. Thank you for looking.

Axe not included."

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back