A Body and B Body Steering Columns 65-67 interchangeable?

-

Nileswine

65 Dart 4 door
Reaction score
I have a 65 Dart with standard column shift and want to put a 67 B body automatic column in it. Will the column bolt on and/or fit?

No, it will not.
Thank you and I appreciate your input. You opinion is great and I wish you were in S. Texas to help build this car. A 65 170 Dart configured for a S. Texas rancher with a radio delete, a 225, and factory air. It has 32,000 miles on it.

If you want column automatic in that car, you either have to find a '65 (only) A-body column and shift cables and transmission, or you have to find a '66 (only) A-body column plus linkages and '66-'67 transmission and appropriate driveshaft.

Are you sure you want to cut up this low-miles original car…?

If you want column automatic in that car, you either have to find a '65 (only) A-body column and shift cables and transmission, or you have to find a '66 (only) A-body column plus linkages and '66-'67 transmission and appropriate driveshaft.

Are you sure you want to cut up this low-miles original car…?

I'm having the 225 rebuilt to put in my daily driver 65 Dart that has 170,000 miles on it. I have the correct column and hoping he finds all the linkages for it as well. I made some great Mopar friends today up in the Texas Hill Country and found everything I need to build this car. An Ivory 170 sedan with factory air and radio delete, 32,000 miles. I suspect it belonged to an old rancher that needed AC and had no time for music. It still has the sticker from Hardy Motors Beeville, TX on the back. It will have a 318 in it shortly. I don't think it would be worth restoring the factory AC so I am thinking about a Vintage Air system made here in San Antonio. I would love to use the factory under dash unit if possible because it looks great.

-
Back