a-body based car

-

spikekid999

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Reaction score
heres my 87 5th ave that i just finished up this mornin for today. gotta give thanks to my dad for lettin me use all his **** and to everyone else you said i wasnt gonna get it done by the 4th (started june 10th or so), that gave me more motivation.

Picture414.jpg

Picture415.jpg

Picture416.jpg

Picture417.jpg

Picture418.jpg

Picture419.jpg

and this is how low the front sits when the back is locked up, now i gotta add a block onto the bottom of the k-frame and ill be have spark shows at night
Picture420.jpg

besides the hydralics ive chrome out the motor, changed the interior to black n white (was grey) and upgraded the stereo system. also added frame connectors and aluminum isolator mounts up front to help stiffin it for the hydros

A LOT! and honestly i dont wanna add up all the recipets. but im pissed about the batteries. i bought em from a buddy that had em in his s-10 blazer, he said they hold a good charge, but one wont even take a charge, and one will tak a lil charge, the other too work fine. and i paid $200 for all 4 ($50 each) :banghead:

pretty cool haha u go arond in that bumbin some cypress hill?

man i think you might be on the wrong board...I dont really know too many guys with a-bodies and hydraulics who go cruisin the barrio on this board lol...but hey kudos to doing it all yourself, im sure all that hydro hopping setup didnt come easy

A LOT! and honestly i dont wanna add up all the recipets. but im pissed about the batteries. i bought em from a buddy that had em in his s-10 blazer, he said they hold a good charge, but one wont even take a charge, and one will tak a lil charge, the other too work fine. and i paid $200 for all 4 ($50 each) :banghead:

ah that sucks man! but any idea approx how much the hydro suspension cost? if you dont mind? and are those real daytons?

Nice work..

I am not into LowRiders, but I can see you've done some extensive modifications....and your car looks better than most of the Hacked up Regal's I see all the time around here. I bet it can burn the crap outta those little/skinnys!!!

I always wondered if a LowRider was going like 100mph and you hit the hydro's could you actually "jump"?

Thanks for not draggin a Dart on the Ground.

if I want to jump i,ll drive thru a ditch like Luke and Bo do :toothy10:but thats just me,to each their own.

thanks for all the comments

im guessin its all cost around a grand or so. but i aint done yet either. i still gotta get different mounts for the rear axle, a couple more dump valves, a slow down valve, and now a couple more batteries. found out theres no way to do this on the cheap, without stealin parts lol.

unfortantly i cant burn the tire (ya its a one wheel wounder). the motor is pretty much bone stock with the exception of the lean burn was tossed, the a/c was tossed and i put a single plane 2bbl intake on it and ran duals. plus i got a wimpy 7 1/4 and when i did burn the tire (without the extra wieght) i gernaded the original rear end, so i quit after that lol.

and i found out it sways a lot now without the front sway bar on, and it REALLY sways doin highway speeds with the *** locked up, or all locked up.

oh ya and there not real daytons, just cheap chinas. it was a lil over $400 for all for rims, tires,knockoffs,adaptors,and the tool. then i added about $3 of black straws to the spokes lol

here pics of the burnout i did that i think really did some damage to the rear end before i gurnaded it lol
GeboeFamily121.jpg

GeboeFamily122.jpg

GeboeFamily123.jpg

and heres a pic of the interior, ya im gettin the full lowrider effect with the 10" chain wheel :D
2647481_92_full.jpg

redid the headliner in white vinyl and added a overhead counsel
2404621_135_full.jpg

i was gonna put hydros in the sport, but i got a lil somethin else planned. we got a 87 dakota from a guy at work. i told my dad if he can get the title for it, ill give him my bucket seats from my 1st dart sport (he's been buggin me about em) and IF i can get it, im gonna build a hopper out of it :D but ill still buy a set of wires for the sport.

right on man, its cool to see you doing something unique to it without killin it! a buddy of mine has a 64 impala with hydros and daytons, its pretty sweet, he hops it at like grocery store parking lots and stuff hahaha its all pimped out its a cool car (ya ya i know its a cheb) but hey.

and thats actually a pretty good burnout for a 7 1/4!

thanks mike. ya it was a pretty good burnout. it sucked though when the rear end went out in the middle of feburary at 5AM. luckily i coasted to my grandparents.

ya the 64s are nice cars when done up nicely. but im a mopar guy through n through, so i didnt wanna do the usually chebby or lincoln. i get a lot of **** though cuz its not a full frame chebby but hey, i love it and thats all that counts.

but i do got some planned for the near future hopefully. im gonna try gettin a 87 dakota off my dad, and im gonna build a hopper out of it cuz its a small truck, and its full framed lol

-
Back