A-body clutch/brake pedal assembly

-

74demon

Reaction score
what is the difference for the 70-72 and the 73-74 brake and clutch pedal assembly ?

I try using the search bar did not find what I was looking for.

what is the difference for the 70-72 and the 73-74 brake and clutch pedal assembly ?

I try using the search bar did not find what I was looking for.

I had a friend put a set from a 72 and put it in a 68. he tried a set from a 74 first and couldnt get it to work. According to my references, it changes in mid 73 and it mattered if it was a 6cyl, 340 or 318. Since the exhaust offering was different on the 340 from the 318 it is a pretty safe assumption that it is a linkage issue at the very least. There may be other problems as well but I am unaware of them. Most obstacles can be over come with a drill, torch, and/or welder. If the linkage just wont work, Go Hydraulic. Summit Racing sells kits. Hope this is helpful. What year is the car? Is it your 74 demon? I may be able to come up with an easy swap for you. David

my car is a original 74 sport slant 6 auto but I have converted it over to a 72 demon (why because my car was free and needed tail light panel that was not available but the demon was and demons look better) with 440 4 speed swap and I just want to make sure I put the right parts in my car that will keep it working to best it can

-
Back