A Body Coffin Console Questions

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
so i picked up this coffin console a couple of years ago and im ready to let it go. what do you think its worth and what is it out of? im used to the wood top, not this satin silver look. any help would be great before i put it up for sale.

also it looks like someone trimmed the front of it off...

forgot pics!

Attachments

• 100_5885.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 316
  • 100_5887.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 304
  • 100_5886.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 294
Wow..in reality the only good part is the lid on the rear part, the chrome and pieces for the shifter indicator.....top plate and console body IMO is toast....someone musta mod'd it for ac car??

Not for a/c I have an ac and console car. It's not cut off like that

It was a correct console for 66-68 A-Bodies, but will fit up thru 76.

Someone will want it & maybe get creative.....Good Luck :cheers:

There were some aftermarket a/c units that wouldn't fit these cars without similar console mod.
Small parts like the ash tray and those plastic door glides might recoup some of your money. Good luck

That is for a dealer installed A/C. The A/C would not clear the console, so the dealer would cut it. Had a 69 cuda with this set up. I would not trash it, somebody out there maybe able to use it.

There were some aftermarket a/c units that wouldn't fit these cars without similar console mod.
Small parts like the ash tray and those plastic door glides might recoup some of your money. Good luck

That is for a dealer installed A/C. The A/C would not clear the console, so the dealer would cut it. Had a 69 cuda with this set up. I would not trash it, somebody out there maybe able to use it.

so awesome! so being the top isn't wood is it for like a GT model or option package? i would like to post it with as much info as possible

EDIT: saw C's post so 66-68 A bodies but what option package?

it was the same as came in my 67 GTS except for having front cut off. Also came in GT

The tops aren't wood, they're just woodgrain decals. Pulling that fugly thing off my console was the first "mod" I made to my Cuda in 1991. :-D

A console is a console...so to speak. There were 4spd consoles and auto consoles...yers is obviously an auto. You could get a base model /6 car with a console...GT, GTS didnt make a difference. But as said abv that is 66-68(I think) a-body..

I wouldn't Trash it someone may have a good front section and bad rear section and be able to use it in fixing them
The wood grain was 69 up and also the same year they started using the wood grain shift knob instead of the chrome one

A console is a console...so to speak. There were 4spd consoles and auto consoles...yers is obviously an auto. You could get a base model /6 car with a console...GT, GTS didnt make a difference. But as said abv that is 66-68(I think) a-body..

well ya its a auto lol! i just didn't know if different models got different tops.

-
Back