a body console resto repair *pics*

-

1bad360duster

Reaction score
had two cracks. one in the back(see pic) and one in front. also alot of scuffs/nicks. evercoat maxim 2 part plastic repair was used on the cracks and sanded with 600. then cleaned entire console with gray scuffpad and sem soap/ then sprayed sem texture paint over entire console. sanded it like it says, but when painted over the high spots from sanding stayed shiny making the console look blochy. then it was redone but spraying texture paint -grey scuffpad-then one light coat of texture -then black sem paint dye direct over the texture paint. i think it came out well. sent out the top for chrome and then applied new woodgrain decal. just need to glue the carpet on then make a trim piece for around the shifter.
007-10.jpg

001-12.jpg

028-4.jpg

035-4.jpg

038-3.jpg

looks good!! I like the quarter stick shifter in the console. I need to work on mine too.

1bad360duster,

Chrome looks good! If you don't mind me asking, where did you send it and what kind of $ did it cost you?

i sent it to a place in ct. i forgot the exact name. i will look it up. ran right about 340 for the front, back and ash tray. they do not chrome the place where the wood grain goes nice and there was a couple of pits. but for original parts they came out nice.

-
Back