A-Body Dana 60

-

KP

Reaction score
Check This Out! Today I received a Dana 60 for my 1971 Plymouth Duster.

It has been cut down to stock size, completely rebuilt with all new bearing, races, brakes, etc. and has 373 gears installed.

A-Body Dana.jpg

Someone in Mississippi. If you are interested in having one built I can hook you up for $1250 plus shipping...

Quite a deal. I paid almost that much for a 8 3/4 last year for my Dart.

That's a VERY good price!!!!!!

A deal like that could almost make 8 3/4's obsolete!

I would'nt go that far, theres plenty of cars using 8 3/4's running in the 9's wheels up,as for the dana being undestructable theres no such thing saw one grenade last season down at e-town and it was in a street/strip car..also the 8 3/4 weights 50lbs less...

True....any part can break given the proper set of circumstances, but for the prices I've seen A-body 8 3/4's going for, then the cost of bearings, seals, brakes, axles, etc. to put an 8 3/4 together makes this deal look like the way to go for the dollars spent.

And speaking for myself here.......if I were to cut out the cheesburgers I eat and the beer, that extra 50 lbs towards the rear of the car would serve me better than the extra fifty in the driver's seat! LOL!

True....any part can break given the proper set of circumstances, but for the prices I've seen A-body 8 3/4's going for, then the cost of bearings, seals, brakes, axles, etc. to put an 8 3/4 together makes this deal look like the way to go for the dollars spent.

And speaking for myself here.......if I were to cut out the cheesburgers I eat and the beer, that extra 50 lbs towards the rear of the car would serve me better than the extra fifty in the driver's seat! LOL!

I hear that!!!

...theres plenty of cars using 8 3/4's running ...
Hey, let's have another 8.25/8.75/D60 flame thread! They're almost as good as the 904/727 threads! :toothy8:

-
Back