A-Body differences

-

Brambles

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Since the Duster, demon, dart sport, and barracuda have a wheelbase of 108" and a Dart has a wheelbase of 111" I was wondering what parts were longer in the unibody of the dart.

I'm looking at a 69 Dart Swinger 340 that is pretty rough under the hood as far as one frame rail and inner fender aprons, I am thinking of drilling all the spotwelds that hold the front subframe, inner fender aprons to the fire wall and main body of the car and completely replacing it with the same pieces from another car, I might have access to a 72 duster. I'm wondering if the front unibody frame and all the inner fenders are all the same on these two models..

Thanks
Any help would be appreciated, I want to bring this beautiful car back from the dead.

Brambles

The difference is in the back half on the car. The front half will be the same.

Mopar already has done this from the factory. Other than the tail lights being different a Demon is a Duster with a Dart nose.

Chuck

Brambles: I'm doing the same with a '69 Valiant. We're going to drill out the spot welds all along the bottom of the inner fenders, front rad cradle and lower firewall and put in a new front frame section with crossmember. Photos in another thread under Members Restorations: The Great White Brick

Just bought a Dart floor pan, rocker to rocker and rear seat perches up to the front, almost to the crossmember and low and behold, it's longer than the '69 Valiant it's going into!

I guess my '69 Valiant has the 108" wheelbase and a Dart has the 111" right? It seems, upon initial inspection and measuring, that the extra 3" is right behind the rear pans, or right in front of the hump up to the rear seaT (however you prefer to reference it). We're thinking we can just cut this little extra out.....

65s said:
Just bought a Dart floor pan, rocker to rocker and rear seat perches up to the front, almost to the crossmember and low and behold, it's longer than the '69 Valiant it's going into!

I guess my '69 Valiant has the 108" wheelbase and a Dart has the 111" right? It seems, upon initial inspection and measuring, that the extra 3" is right behind the rear pans, or right in front of the hump up to the rear seaT (however you prefer to reference it). We're thinking we can just cut this little extra out.....

65s....where did you get the floor panel? and if you dont mind , how much $
thanks

-
Back