A body Front Disc brakes.

-
I used a Wilwood kit on my Dart. I originally had the kelsey Hayes disc brakes on my car and they didn't make a kit to go from disc to disc so I had to install drum brake spindles and lower ball joints first. Anyway the kit that I installed had the rotors setup for SBP or LBP. This will enable you to go to LBP if you decide that you want to later for wheel selection reasons. If you're interested I will get you the part number when I get home on Friday.

www.ssbrakes.com W153-6 $734.95 at the wheel only, no power booster
this is the kit I bought, rotors are drilled for either sbp or lbp. One catch, they list 14" wheel minimum, they don't clear 14 steelies. I believe they clear the 14 rallye, I put 15x6 steelies up front for my 68 barracuda. Hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG00641-20111014-1442.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,119
  • IMG00642-20111014-1551.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1,142
  • IMG00643-20111014-1638.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,100
  • IMG00644-20111014-1717.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,138
  • IMG00646-20111015-1646.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,109
I was told that they do allow 14X5.5 small bolt wheels to work ???? The 15X6 you put on front ... are they large bolt pattern or small bolt pattern wheels ? In other words .. did you have these 15X6 specially made with small bolt pattern centers?

They're small bolt pattern, 15x6 3.75 back spacing by www.wheelvintiques.com
My car came with 14 oem steelies and did not clear the calipers, I did not have access to 14 rallyes for a comparison. They could have a different back spacing or different curve on the inside.

I went with the ssbc setup because I could use the original v8 drum spindles. Do a word search of ssbc in the search tab, other members have used them before so you can see what rim combos they are running as well.

Dammit Dammit Dammit ............NOW i have NO choice but to look for factor Kelsey Hayes setup .... I do not want to get away from small bolt pattern and steelies ..... I will be on the hunt ....

rrvolare, what is your current setup? Yes I was disappointed when I couldn't use my original 14 steel rims, but going to 15's does give you more tire choices. I did a word search and found one member with the ssbc setup and original 14 steel rims, he used 1/4 spacers. The wheelvintique.com rims can be ordered through jegs or summit. Cost is 94.00 a rim. P/N-63-5654334 for 15x6, 63-575404 for 15x7, 63-585404 for 15x8. Those part numbers are specifically small bolt pattern. I did a quick search on summit, gor-sp606 is a 5/16 spacer for 5x4 bolt pattern, 6.99 a piece. For the hell of it, I'm going to my dads this weekend to work on my barracuda, I'll throw some washers on the front and see how much it takes for the original 14 steel rims to clear. Don't buy anything yet and don't get bummed out, there are solutions to everything.

THANKS Racerdan80......... The reason i do not want to dish out money for rims and tires .. because i already had rims painted body color and installed new tires ... and rear wheels were stretched by Stockton .. I will await your reply

You may want to try this link. It has been about a year since I visited with 'Doc' so I can't say what he's got on the yard. If so, and you can agree on a price, you'll be golden.

You'll need the spindles separated at the ball joints and everything from there out to the wheel. You'll also need the proportioning valve. In all probability, the rotors will be trash. Replacements are available. Lastly, you'll need a disk brake master cylinder.

www.drmopar.com

I used a Wilwood kit on my Dart. I originally had the kelsey Hayes disc brakes on my car and they didn't make a kit to go from disc to disc so I had to install drum brake spindles and lower ball joints first. Anyway the kit that I installed had the rotors setup for SBP or LBP. This will enable you to go to LBP if you decide that you want to later for wheel selection reasons. If you're interested I will get you the part number when I get home on Friday.

Hey there. have you had a chance to find that part number?

Scarebird offers a SBP kit if you don't mind using non Mopar parts. I have it on my car and it works great. I bought the rotors, calipers and brake hoses on Rockauto.com on close out for around $150 delivered. I bought the brackets from Scarebird off Ebay for about $125 delivered. A new master cylinder and I am in business for about $375 total including brake fluid.....

One catch, they list 14" wheel minimum, they don't clear 14 steelies. I believe they clear the 14 rallye, I put 15x6 steelies up front for my 68 barracuda. Hope this helps

I can confirm that they do clear the 14" rallye rims. I ran them for a few years. I went with the SSBC so I could switch to the 4.5" pattern later when I had the budget for new rims.

Maybe ... for SBP.... with steelies ?

You are here: Home > Previous Page > A153
Photographs are for illustrative purposes only and may not be the exact kit listed.​

Product Features

• Drum to disc brake conversion kit with 4-piston cast iron calipers; non-power. Bolts to stock drum brake spindle. For O.E. power or non-power cars.
  • All hardware included.
  • Includes master cylinder.
  • Master cylinder will bolt to firewall on O.E. non-power vehicles and to stock booster on O.E. power vehicles.
  • Rotors available with optional Turbo slotting and Xtra Life plating.
  • Bolts to stock drum brake spindle.
  • Vehicle must have O.E. 10 in. drum brakes.

Vehicle Applications

• 1964-1972 Dodge Dart
  • 1970-1972 Dodge Demon

If anybody is looking to convert to discs with SSBC set for a body like this:
http://ssbrakes.com/i-10092530-comp-r-front-disc-big-brake-conversion-kit-wheel-kit-only-pair.html

Can be bought here for 601.52$:
http://www.race-mart.com/SSBC_Performance_Brakes-SSB-W153-6.html

Just got mine today. Price seems great and I was looking for ready kit for good money for a while.
The cheapest Wilwood I found was for 660$ and rotors are not zinc plated there.

I hope I can post information like this here, I do not work for race-mart or anything just to be clear!

Here is the kit I am investigating at the moment. It doesn't allow you to keep 14" stock rims or 4" (small stock bolt), but its a pretty good upgrade from stock.

Right Stuff Detailing MDC46DCZ - Right Stuff Detailing 4-Wheel Disc Brake Conversion Power Kits. It can be found only at 2 locations, Right stuff Detailing .com or Summit, Summit is cheaper.

-
Back