A-body headliner question

-

MY340

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that 5 bow headliners are used in 67-72 Darts and 6 bow headliners are used in 70-72 Dusters and Demons?

Thanks!

I know 1971 Dusters could have 4 bows or 5, they somehow made both.
1972 Dusters had carboard headliners

I counted 4 in my demon. I will have to check my other '71 since the bows themselve's are still there.

Wierd.......I have 2 70 dusters 318 car has 5 bows 340 4 speed car has 4????

Wow! I wonder why all the different bow setups. My 70 Duster definitely has spots for 6 bows. The car came with a headliner in a box but it's only a 5 bow with the last/back bow being the real long one. Looks like my Duster should have a short rear 6th bow.

Still confused??????:-D

Any other 70 Duster owners than can help?

What about the 5th long bow spot sewn into the headliner. It that a clue for which model it's for???

Here's a pic of what I have now. It's definitely a 5 bow as you can see.

IMAG0002.jpg

There are cars with both kinds. When I ordered my headliner for my Scamp from Year One the guy asked me specifically if I knew which one i had.

I counted 4 in my demon. I will have to check my other '71 since the bows themselve's are still there.
I went and checked my other demon this morning and there are 6 bows in it for the headliner. The difference between this car with 6 bows was it was built at the Los Angles,CA plant as the other with 4 bows was built at Hamtramck,MI plant.

John

-
Back