A body in Europe

-

Projectile Dart

Reaction score
Not sure if this belongs to a member here but my brother is on a work trip to Pilzen in the Czech Republic and he sent me these photos. Amazing looking car, just thought I would share

IMG-20230624-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20230624-WA0003.jpg

There are lots of A Bodies in Europe- quite a few were knockdowns then assembled in a few assembly plants in Europe - Switzerland and Sweden come to mind. Then a lot were imported; I know of 2 members in that category- 65dartcharger in Sweden and viniday in France

Last edited:
Up to 1970, A-bodies (and E-bodies for 1970) were assembled in Rotterdam, Netherlands, in the Chrysler International plant called "Nekaff".
Nekaf 1968.jpg

Beginning in 1971, due to a prohibitive cost of taxes, the cars were assembled in USA and then, exported to European countries. Chrysler Europe still existed but in cooperation with Talbot, it only produced "european" models as 4-cylinders Chrysler 180 or Horizon.

We have now a couple hundreds of Mopars, mainly slant-6 powered Dodge Darts or some V-8 B/E-bodies, but they are not very common either. Far less than Mustangs or Corvettes.

In the past, I owned a "Rotterdam" made '70 Barracuda (I still regret selling her) and now, I have my Slant-6 '71 Demon, made in Hamtramck, but a true export model ("I" code on fender tag). :)

François

-
Back