A-body Inner wings

-

J1MMY

Reaction score
out of curiosity, do certain A-Body cars share the same inner wings? Ie Duster and Valiant of the same year, Dart and Valiant of the same year? Is it just the exterior panels which differ?

out of curiosity, do certain A-Body cars share the same inner wings? Ie Duster and Valiant of the same year, Dart and Valiant of the same year? Is it just the exterior panels which differ?

I assume you mean the inner fender well?

uuid=1ECCA5E7-C33E-4366-935B-C84A47F10C99&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg

If so, than yes. The inner fender is interchangeable from any A-body of a given year. And realistically, they’re interchangeable from any A-body 67-76. There will be some year specific changes, like when the “bump” was added to the passenger side inner fender for the charcoal canister etc. But any A-body will fit, and any A-body from the same year will be “correct”. Most of them would be correct for at least a couple years.

I do mean inner fender wells - sorry :D

That’s good to know, thank you :thumbsup:

No problem! I saw your location and figured that was what you meant, my old man used to restore Austin Healey's so picked I up on all the boot/bonnet/wings lingo :thumbsup:

67-70 and early 71's have the same inner fenders, other than some minor year to year details. All the left sides are basically identical other than the battery tray reinforcement changed starting in 70. Late 71-72 have a recess on the right panel for the charcoal canister. 73-76 have a larger recess in the right panel.

That said, yes, all 67-76 inner fenders will physically fit and can be used in all years.

FYI, the AMD inner fenders are of the 68-69 variety, and are very nice panels. I have installed many of therm and they look good, and fit very well.

-
Back