Not open for further replies.

Backtobasics

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Reality bites.
Reality blows.

Reality is, with a full time job, wife, and 4 kids, I am not going to get to this car the way I want to any time soon, and I can use the space and funds toward something that I can enjoy sooner.

Coltpassengerside.jpg

Coltdriverside.jpg

WHO: You
What: 1975 Dodge Colt
When: Soon
Where: Kansas City
Why: Too much project for my time
How (Much): 250.00

Link to Photobucket account with pictures
http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u77/backtobasicszm/Dodge Colt/

Reality is, there is rust, and more then what is visible, but there are pretty detailed pictures on the photobucket web site.

My plans were a 383 / 727 combo, with single 4 tunnel ram.

Here are parts that can go with it as a combo deal, or might be sold separately, if there is no interest in the car.

383 B Big block. Stock, with rering and rebearing job, and a single piston replaced. Have heads, oil pan, pickup, gaskets, front cover, distributor, rockers.
727 auto, big block, with junk yard converter, and unknown TCI aftermarket converter
B&M auto shifter, T handle, lower end
C body 8.75 housing, with 2.76 open gear set. No axles.
Weiand single 4 barrel tunnel ram, with top, for 383-400
600 Holley Carb

On a Craigslist find, I picked up:
full front suspension from Mustang 2 with Rack & Pinion, brakes (5 x 4.5), control arms, sway bar, etc.
Narrowed 9" Ford housing, with axles, but no center section. Has Ladder bar setup welded to 9" housing, and have ladder bars.
15x3.5 and 15x14 Cragar Super Trick wheels, dual pattern.

I want to give anyone buying the car the option of the whole package (or as much as they want), before I sell individual components.

My plan was to build a frame from 2x4 steel tubing, and install the 383 / 727 with the 9" and ladder bars. I was going to use the Super Trick wheels, and run the tunnel ram through the hood, for a Super Stock look, that could handle the street.

Car has fenders, perfect grill, hood, doors, and trunk. I have a nice used rear bumper that I bought through FABO too. The subframes are rusty. 4 cylinder and motor are in car, but partially disassembled. Would not take much to pull.

I would be open to a trade, should someone be kooky enough to want to pursue this car. I am itching for a V8 Dart or Duster, but open to anything realistic at this point, and would be willing to travel a bit to deliver or trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back