-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesboys

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
not sure where to post so here it is im looking for lite weight hood springs for mounting a aar fiberglass hood on a 69 dart ive tried the k car springs too heavy purchased a set from another member too lite atomic dog had a post here a while back does anybody have a clue ready to install fenders need SPRINGS THANKS KENNY

Not bein smart, but why not simply eliminate the springs and use a hood prop? You can make one that's very profession lookin.

Did a quick check and it looks like atomic dog was last on around July of last year.

You may have already done this, but if not you may try reaching out to members who have had first hand experience with the seller and product. They may have his contact information, etc..

I found this link, which has some good leads.

[FOR SALE] - Low tension hood springs for use with bolt-on fiberglass hoods

not sure where to post so here it is im looking for lite weight hood springs for mounting a aar fiberglass hood on a 69 dart ive tried the k car springs too heavy purchased a set from another member too lite atomic dog had a post here a while back does anybody have a clue ready to install fenders need SPRINGS THANKS KENNY

When you say "k-car" I think of Aries & Reliant. I don't know if the springs are any different, but FWD Daytona, Shadow & other FWD around that time have hood springs that will interchange. They "might" be lighter because their hoods seem smaller than the Aries & Reliant. I do know that they are not quite stiff enough for a Dart Lite/Feather Duster hood, which have their own, hard to find springs. I still have to use a prop with them just to be "safe". A little weight will have a big effect on the spring.

I used the window regulator springs on the factory hinges
Had to use two per side but works

F8331986-13EE-47AD-BEC9-FCBD562283DB.jpeg

I have a set of K car springs off a G body. They are not as wide as the stock springs, but are wound the same way. Have not tried em yet. No fiberglass hood to use em on. Figured they were pretty cheap since i got em off a daytona parts car i already had. Thise cars came w a steel hood that was actually bigger than a K car. Dairly heavy. I also have a pair of window regulator springs. I have not checked their width though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back