-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElephantKiller

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need both of the lower control arm pivot shafts for my 73 Duster. These are the shafts that are pressed in the lower control arm bushings and are installed through the K-member.

Thanks,
Aaron

I think you mean the strut rods. I have a set off a 67 dart with newer bushings. I'll take $40 + shipping for the pair. I'm in Los Angeles.

I need both of the lower control arm pivot shafts for my 73 Duster. These are the shafts that are pressed in the lower control arm bushings and are installed through the K-member.

Thanks,
Aaron

AARON I HAVE SOME EXTRA LCA ASSEMBLIES--- I think the 73 up is the same as the 72-- down-- I'll see if I have any pictures to night, Lawrence

I think you mean the strut rods. I have a set off a 67 dart with newer bushings. I'll take $40 + shipping for the pair. I'm in Los Angeles.
If you can find out if they are all the same from different body styles, I have a couple control arms that are bent but the pieces you need should be ok. Let me know and I will try to check also. Greg

I have a couple extra LCA's that I can get the spindles from. Would be willing to press new Moog bushings on.
I seen your post from a couple days ago where the bushings you had were loose. This is not the way they should be, I cannot imagine the spindles wearing to the point the bushing would be loose.
If you are interested, please shoot me a PM.
C

Do you have a mic? I think I have a spindle laying around that I messed up. I can mic that part of the shaft the bushing goes on. Like I said, I don't see why that would wear. Hate to see you spend money buying parts you don't need. I will mic it tomorrow and PM you the result if you want.
C

I beilieve the pivot shafts are the same for all A bodies. If I'm not correct someone please set me straight. The pivot shaft that I have measures roughly 0.81 inch. I'm going to try a different bushing manufacturer and see if that corrects my problem.

I'm in agreeance as far as the wear. The only thing I see is that it looks as if someone has had the shafts out before and scared them up removing the sleeve. It looks as though they filed down the gouges they made. But I had to press the sleeves off when I removed them so I don't believe those file marks are affecting the fit.

Aaron

The spindle I have also mic'd at .81". I used Moog K791 and had to press them on. Gouges that were filed down most likely won't alter your need to press them on. Good luck with it. Oh, speaking from experience; press the bushing on the spindle first, then press it into the LCA...
C

Won't need the pivots. I purchased some other lower control arm bushings and they were the correct dimension. Thanks for the offers, and thanks clhyer for measuring the pivots. I appreciate it.

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back