A Body roof vinyl on front pillar?

-

KJoeZ61

Reaction score
Should or shouldn't the vinyl be on the front pillars on a 71 Scamp? I see it ending at the top and bottom in pictures which is correct? I think bottom!

On my '71 Darts the A-pillars are painted, the vinyl stops at the tops of the pillars and there's a little eyebrow trim piece there. Should be a small screw hole for the trim piece on your car to indicate where the top trim would have been.

On my '71 Darts the A-pillars are painted, the vinyl stops at the tops of the pillars and there's a little eyebrow trim piece there. Should be a small screw hole for the trim piece on your car to indicate where the top trim would have been.
x2

X ALL. MoPar had a little tiny piece of chrome trim at the top of the "A" pillars on full vinyl roof "A" body cars.

I'm just a little confused because looking at pictures of early 70's A bodies it's mixed top and bottom of the pillar. I had a 73 Swinger back in the 80's and would have sworn it was to the bottom.

At some point between '71 and '75 they moved the vinyl down to the base of the A pillar. My '75 has the vinyl down at the bottom. I'm guessing they moved it to the bottom in '73 when they redesigned the front end.

At some point between '71 and '75 they moved the vinyl down to the base of the A pillar. My '75 has the vinyl down at the bottom. I'm guessing they moved it to the bottom in '73 when they redesigned the front end.
Probably...because my 72 dart stops up top and has little trim piece up top.....But he is asking about a 1971 model year

-
Back