[WANTED] A body SB pushbutton tranny

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1965 727 cable shift that was on a 318 poly. I was told it had about 1200 miles on a rebuild but I don't know if that's true. I sold the 318. I was told it had been rebuilt when the tranny was and when I removed a valve cover it was very clean, leading me to believe the engine had been rebuilt. I'll sell it for $150 but you have to pay shipping, which might be expensive.

I have a 1965 727 cable shift that was on a 318 poly. I was told it had about 1200 miles on a rebuild but I don't know if that's true. I sold the 318. I was told it had been rebuilt when the tranny was and when I removed a valve cover it was very clean, leading me to believe the engine had been rebuilt. I'll sell it for $150 but you have to pay shipping, which might be expensive.

I will keep that in mind. what part of Il are you????? shipping could be outrageous. I found one local but condition is totally unknown.

Hey! I've got a working 904 pushbutton with cables and levers from a 64 Barracuda, here in Northern Ca. It was in my 64 and was working (slight oil leak where cables enter trans) when I pulled it out a couple years ago to go 727. Has a flange for the trunion style driveshaft, torque converter too!

I have a 65 cable shift ( floor shifter ) complete with kick-down and shifter & floor brackets. fluid was clean but, I never got to drive it ( motor was stuck ).
I have the driveshaft as well ( to 7.25 rear ).

I have a working 904 push button V8,
still in the car, 64 Dodge Dart, that I will not be using! The car/ tranny is currently in PA! I can part out all or part of the assembly!

I have a perfect working rebuilt tranny from a 65 Valiant with all the cables for column shift and can ship for a reasonable cost from Florida

are the ends of the cable like those for the pushbutton or different????

The difference in column shift cable and floor shift cable for the push button trannies are two mainly. One is length, with the column shift cables being shorter and the second is at the shifter/column attachment point the pinched on mounting brackets are different. Because of these difference they are not interchangeable.

The difference in column shift cable and floor shift cable for the push button trannies are two mainly. One is length, with the column shift cables being shorter and the second is at the shifter/column attachment point the pinched on mounting brackets are different. Because of these difference they are not interchangeable.

thanks for the info. no one ever said its easy!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back