A body shifter location

-

Rolling_Thunder

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
How far back from the front of the trans face (the face that bolts to the back of the bellhousing) is the shift location for an A-body ? I know it is between the B and E body shift locations... is it around 19 inches ?

If you know these measurements for the A, B, and E bodies please share

A 3-3/8" - B 8-7/8" E 13-3/4" from the tailhousing gasket to the shifter bolt hole (bottom threaded hole). Hope that helps.

how is the distance on the A-body shorter than the B-body ? ill find some pics - but i dont see those numbers as being correct

how is the distance on the A-body shorter than the B-body ? sorry but that doesnt seem coirrect to me... did u get the A and B body mixed up ?
ce_1_b.jpg

MVC777F.gif

ta3834bbl said:
A 3-3/8" - B 8-7/8" E 13-3/4" from the tailhousing gasket to the shifter bolt hole (bottom threaded hole). Hope that helps.

Yeah, screwed that up! the B body is 3-3/8" and the A body is 8-7/8". Sorry.

Rolling_Thunder said:
hey thanks alot man - do u know the measurement of the case from the front face to the rear face ?

Not sure what 'faces' you are talking about. The only 'complete' 4 speed in the garage is an E/B body , all 4 of the others are in pieces in a parts pan. lol I have one slick shift A body trans but is is also in pieces at the moment.

i was referring to the front face (the face that mounts to the back of the bellhousing) to the rear face of the main case (where the tailshaft mounts to) --- that was i can add that to the already mentioned measurements and figure out overall legnth of the trans

-
Back