-
Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyRoads

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
So you want to wake up that 318 and make it respectable, and you've drooled over the posts and pictures of the guys and gals here with their TIG welders and mad fabrication skills. But your metal skills grind you (pun intended) to a halt at anything bigger than soldering.

Me too.

So here's the answer to your prayers. This sale is for the hot (exhaust side) piping needed to fit a single MasterPower T70 .68 A/R turbocharger on the passenger's side of your A-Body. It uses a pair of Summit Shorty headers installed backward to route the exhaust to the front right corner. NOTE: THIS IS FOR THE EXHAUST PIPING ONLY; NO TURBO, NO CARB, NO WASTEGATE, NO CARB HAT, NOTHING ELSE. Just the hot piping, headers, turbo support bracket, v-bands and the intake air filter. But everything else is readily available for simple bolt-on. This piping is the hard part. Note also: This piping terminates under the car at the bottom of the engine compartment. It does not include the exhaust piping and mufflers from the engine compartment to the rear of the car.

The setup was built by member ANOTHERA, and is heavily documented in his build thread for his 1971 Dart Swinger in the Member Restorations Forum. I never installed it, but he did. Please look through his thread for tons of photos and tips.

You will have to relocate your battery and alternator, change to manual steering (I have a manual box you can have for $75 extra). You will likely need to cut a hole in your hood for carb clearance. ANOTHERA went with electric fans, but I am not certain that is strictly necessary. It looks like there is room for the stock fan.

Of course, you will also need to appropriately upgrade your fuel system, ignition, and plumb the oil supply/return for the turbo. But that's the fun part. The piping is painted with black VHT, and could use a fresh coat.

Price is firm, shipping is extra. The whole thing is around 50 pounds, and fits in a single large box. Or you can pick it up in Eastern Connecticut.

Attachments

• frontendtornoff.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 619
  • headerpipedone.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 642
  • Turbopipemockup.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 620
Yes, it does come with the headers. Everything shown hanging in the pre-paint photo, including headers, pipes, 3 v-bands, and the air intake filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back