A-body smallblock radiator size and where to buy

-

csx452

Reaction score
The title says it all. I'm converting from a slant to a 360 and am not sure what size radiator will fit or where a good place is to buy one. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Frank

Hi Frank,

If your car has a 22" Radiator for a Slant Six automatic I would be willing to trade even up for a 19" V8 radiator. (since I am converting my car from a V8 to a slant)

Regards,

-Matt

I'm not sure what size the radiator is. I'm pretty sure it is not 22" though. I thought the bigger radiators would be for the V-8, not the other way around. Are you sure you don't have a slant/6 radiator in there now? My car is at my buddies shop right now. I'll try to get up there tomorrow to loook at it. It does have a leak near the top though and the one bracket needs to be welded back on the top. Why are you converting from a V-8 to a slant? What all are you changing on your car other than the engine?

My radiatore dimensions are as follows. Approx. 18 1/4' wide by approx. 22" high. That does not include the mounting brackets. It came out of my 75 Scamp and is for an automatic trans.

I'm not sure what size the radiator is. I'm pretty sure it is not 22" though. I thought the bigger radiators would be for the V-8, not the other way around. Are you sure you don't have a slant/6 radiator in there now? My car is at my buddies shop right now. I'll try to get up there tomorrow to loook at it. It does have a leak near the top though and the one bracket needs to be welded back on the top. Why are you converting from a V-8 to a slant? What all are you changing on your car other than the engine?

The standard radiator for a Slant is 19" and the 22" I believe was std. with A/C. I belive the same was true of the V8 cars. Since the outlet locations are different they are not interchangable. If you are planning on a nice running 318 2bbl driver the 19" radiator would be fine. For anything hotter then that I would strongly recommend the 22".

-Matt

Thanks for the info Matt. I'm doing a rather stout 360, so I may go for an aluminum radiator. Just not sure where to buy from. There are lots of places out there. I also don't want to get one that doesn't fit right.
Frank

-
Back