A-body Strut Rod Questions????

-

Cuda340

Reaction score
Are all A-body Strut Rods the same? I have a 1969 Cuda and one of my strut rods was bent. So I got another pair off of a 1971 Duster. They should be the same correct? There is a little difference between the two when I put them up next to each other. First the threads on the 71 are course and the 1969 are fine, no big deal... Second there are two stop flanges on the shaft one for the control arm side and the other for the k-frame bushing side. There was a 1/4" difference between this distance from the two different years. My main concern is that the 1971 strut rods may be a little short in that middle area I was describing or is that 1/4" not going to make a difference. Does this make sense?

I could make up the diffence by putting a washer in between the strut rod bushing and the retaining ring. But, I took off both sides of the 1971 car strut rods so I can change them both to be off of the same car. Plus I am in the process of rebuilding my front suspension completely. Basiclly am I looking for little to no preload on the LCA? I can play around with both sets. What do you suggest?

-
Back