A body top speed

-
There must be some smoooooth wind free roads around the country. lol

Those days are over... because of the age factor?? :D

That’s crazy.

106 was my best trap on the 1/8 with the Fish. That was enough with the skinnies up front. Got that kinda speed in the SuperBee and it was floating to much. Those days are gone!

Hey sometimes its kinda fun to see how fast you can go in underpowered vehicles.For instance, I was able to get an 84 subaru station wagon to 90 MPH.Granted it took a 12 mile downhill section with a small tailwind to do it, but she did it.Also subaru had a sense of humor back in the day.My 78 brat has a 140 MPH speedometer-it came with a 1.6L engine making 67 HP on a good day.

My 67 dartGT with a slant six was so tired when I got it that it could only go 65 mph on a level highway.slowed down going up hill. 70 mph on the down hill. It was a good mosquito fogger. Kim

In the late 90's I made it from Tucson to Phoenix in 18 mins. I had a 1970 more door. 225 two barrel, 2.76 rear gears. Used almost a whole tank of gas. That car would hold second gear until 95 mph, with the pedal to the metal! Shifting in to third felt like a nitrous shot! Car also ran at the top of the suspension, made it interesting to handle.

-
Back