"A" Body Truck, Maybe?

-

habanerohemi

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got sent here a couple times while I looked for 5.7 hemi info, Now I'm hook! You guys have a great site here. I'm building an A-100 pickup, Little Red Wagon just not red. I look at all the pic's and stories of how you make things fit and feel bad. Except for the space between the seat and the motor mounts there's nothing to work around. Thanks to all, Dave

welcome, ive always loved those A100s. buddy of mine had one that he stuffed a 69 crossram race hemi in. thing was scary fast

Welcome to FABO Habanerohemi!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Like to see some pictures of that a100 - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• DSC06821.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 247
I guess we cant hide from those that are really into this "A" body stuff now can we. Welcome to what will be an everyday staple in the life of yet another obviously avid car freak. Glad to have ya with us. You're gona meet some dandies here and some information you will aquire here you will take to the grave with ya. It's all good unless you are like myself and consider it an addiction. An addiction that will never go away and can only be treated and requires the ability of learning to live with it throughout the remainder of your life. Jump on in here and i'm sure you will enjoy every moment you spend with us. Any questions just ask. Any problems consult with a Mod. We'll handle it for ya. Cruise arond te site and click on a few buttons and learn your way around. You're gona like us. Enjoy the New Year.
Small Block

SMALL BLOCK
You hit the nail right on the head, i counldn't have said it better.

I know....I LOVE A-100's!! I had a nice original one, but sold it. Now I regret it. But I know where a few more are right now. Yes, they are amazing as far as open space. I installed A-body headers on my stock 273 in my A-100 and it took all of I think 1 hour....lol. The only problems with them are the how the radiator is shrouded by the front of that engine box. I installed a built 340 eventually and when the freeway traffic slowed down to bumper-to-bumper, I started sweating bullets. The coolant temp gauge would creep up fast. Then I bought a big engine oil cooler and mounted it under the front bumper, sort of at a 45-degree angle and.....get this.....on the back of an upside-down fiberglass 6-pack scoop riveted on under that front pan up there to catch the incoming air and blast it thru the oil cooler. That....kicked ***!!

Have you seen that giant block of cast iron bolted up under the back of the truck? (sort of behind the license plate) People told me about it, and I didn't believe them, but it's there! I removed it, then that thing would REALLY fry tire! I weighed my A-100 with the 340 and it weighed around 3150! Cheers to your project! Now you made me start thinking about looking for another one!

Copy2ofDCP_0162.jpg

-
Back