a body versus e body questions

-

shortz

Reaction score
Hi all,

ive just purchased a 318 from a challenger to re power our 6 cyl 69 dart.
Firstly are the oil pan's the same on an a body and an e body?
Secondly the engine came with brand new headers but i assume they are for the e body. Has anybody tried to fit them into the a body before? and if so was it alot of work to get them to fit? Eventually i would prefer to use the tti's but may as well use these if i can to begin with.

the 225 comes out tomorrow so i look forward to all replys

cheers in advance

shortz

the oil pans no problem. the headers depend on the brand. some might be a universal fit (means they fit NOTHING well) but if they`re absolutely new, maybe u can exchange them? ask the owner for the receipt...i would.
or maybe someone here or elsewhere will trade you or buy them from u.
did u get a Schumaker engine mount kit to put the 318 in your slant/6 K-frame?

Yes i have got the Schumaker engine mount kit but I live in new zealand so trading with another member would be a bit of a problem, hehehe, but i might post up a pic of them tomorrow to see if anyone recognises them. hopefully fit the motor tomorrow as well and see if we can get the headers to fit, just dont want to damage them so thought id ask the question before we try. Cheers for your reply about the pan anyway, one thing i can get off my mind.

I bet the headers will fit also. Most of the small block ones fit all bodies styles.

-
Back