A body windshield clips?

-

JeepJimmy

Reaction score
68 dodge dart 2 door. got new windshield molding clips from R/T and the package has the correct amount but 4 of them are of a different style. im confused as where these 4 clips go?? the old ones were all rusted away and or missing.

Did the same thing and i can't for the life of me remember the order they go on. Call em and just ask and he'll tell ya. Sorry but i do have a good memory, it's just short.

Four of the clips are slightly longer therefore they go in the holes that are slightly deeper. I believe the deeper holes were in the lower channel if I remember correctly. What I did was install all clips where I thought they should go. Then I temporarily placed the windshield gasket in place. Then I test fitted the molding to make sure all fit correctly. I had to bend my clips some because they put entirely too much tension on the molding. Then when everything checked out I removed the molding and installed the windshield.

hey let us know how you made out.i just got my windsheild gasget front and rear ,also the clips.how about a pic or 2 of the clip instaltion.thanks Don

BigBlockDart had a article and pics in their tech pages on that I think.
Jim

My package of clips had 5 tall ones in it.

There are 9 clips along the bottom of the windshield. I put the taller clips with the slotted holes in the following positions - counting from either end: 1,4, 5, 6, 9.

If the tall clips in your kit look like the one in the lower right corner - they're wrong and won't work.

windowclips.jpg

-
Back